Supabase is an open-source Firebase alternative that lets you create Postgres databases with the option to perform CRUD operations on the database.
Supabase also provides these features:
- APIs to access your data and perform queries.
- Authentication: Give access to your data to users with row-level permission.
- Write custom code that can be scaled.
- Store images or videos.
- Integrate with machine learning platforms.
Using Draxlr to build Dashboards from Supabase data
Draxlr is a no-code BI tool that helps you build dashboards, get data alerts, and embed dashboards on customer-facing sites.
Draxlr is a technology partner with Supabase to allow Supabase users to build dashboards and get data alerts.
Here is a quick video walkthrough of how to build a dashboard from Supabase data in Draxlr:
Ok, let's get started.
Connecting Supabase with Draxlr
In Supabase, you can have multiple organisations, and each organisation can have multiple projects. Each project has a Postgres Database. You can connect to a Supabase project database to generate insights into your data.
- Login into Draxlr, visit the Add Database page, and select Supabase.
- Click on Connect Supabase and select the organisation that hosts your database.
- Select the project from the list of projects for the organisation.
- Draxlr will fetch the database credentials from Supabase except the database password; you can enter the password manually and click Next.
- You can now select the database schema; by default, it is public.
- Now you can see the list of tables, and you can start exploring your data.
Generating Queries and Visualizing the data
After connecting Supabase with Draxlr, you can build Dashboards from your Supabase data.
- You can use Draxlr's no-code query builder to generate data using Filters, Joins, Sort, Summarize, and Group by options.
- Once you have the desired data result, you can visualise it using multiple graph options like bar, pie, line, area, and more.
- After you have completed the Graph setup, you can save the query and also add it to a Dashboard.
- And that's it; your dashboard is ready!
- You can share the dashboard with your team and embed the dashboard in your customer-facing application.
With Dashboards built from your data, you can make better business decisions. You can also set data alerts to get notified via Email or Slack when your data changes.